NIAR IT Security Support Specialist
WSU NIAR is currently searching for a part-time, IT Security Support Specialist to assist with IDP’s IT security and governance obligations. This position offers substantial exposure to the ever-evolving cybersecurity sector.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
- Develop and maintain IT and Security Policies
- Develop flowcharts and system diagrams
- Assist with project related actions and follow-up with task owners
- Interview task owners and document processes used to complete an IT or security task (ex: adding a user to Active Directory)
- Work with task owners to test process documentation
- Formalize and maintain documentation with updated instructions and guidelines
- Assist as needed during security audits and gap assessments
- Willing to listen and eager to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Detail oriented and accuracy driven
- Appreciation for time management
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable asking “who, what, when, where, why, and how”
- Problem-solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Project, and Visio
- Adept at writing technical documents
- Knowledge and understanding of security concepts such as Phishing, Incident Response, Threat Analysis, and Cybersecurity Awareness
- Familiarity with security controls and governance to standards, such as NIST 800-171
- Knowledge of technical subjects, specifically IT technologies and preferably cybersecurity
- Submit a technical product document you have written.
- Could you share your references? Name, company and project?
- Do you have prior experience or exposure to cybersecurity and governance?