NIAR NDI Student Inspector
We are looking to hire students to assist with Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) experience. In this role, you will be using NDI techniques to inspect military aircraft parts and generating reports on your findings.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with NDI methods, strong attention to detail, and meticulous reporting skills.
This position is located in Park City, KS – 15 minute drive from campus.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
NDI Student Inspector Responsibilities:
· Setting up NDI equipment
· Conducting inspections on military aircraft parts using non-destructive inspection techniques
· Identifying structural and material defects
· Interpreting test results
· Completing test reports, and presenting findings
· Maintaining NDI equipment
NDI Technician Requirements:
· Pursuing an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Non-Destructive Inspection
· Pursuing relevant NDI certifications
· Interest and knowledge of NDI inspection methods including ultrasound, penetrant, and eddy current
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent report-writing skills
· Good communication skills