NIAR Advanced Technologies Lab for Aerospace Systems (ATLAS) Student Assistant
NIAR's Advanced Technologies Lab for Aerospace Systems (ATLAS) is looking for a student assistant.
- Composite research machine operator
- Composite research technician
- Robotic composite research technician
- CAD geometry design and cleanup for robot simulation and numerical analysis.
- Design and simulation of layups with composite patches.
- Software-aided robot programming for manufacturing.
- Performing safety runs and manufacturing runs on robot.
- Supporting research and produce documentation of activities and outcomes.
- Moving and lifting tools and large items.
- Troubleshooting components in cell.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Experience in MS Office suite (+)
- Static and Mechanics of materials (+ )
- Design Experience in CATIA v5 & 3DE (+)
- Welding/CNC/Machining Experiences (+)
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Team player
- Mechanical aptitude
- Interest in learning about aerospace manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20hrs per week during the semester.
- Minimum of 2 years for expected graduation