NIAR Machine Shop Waterjet Operator/Technician Student Assistant
NIAR's Machine Shop is looking for a student assistant to work in Aerospace research manufacturing in the machining of composite and metallic test parts via the use of waterjet manufacturing. We are looking for potential new employees who want to learn and grow with our research machining capabilities here at NIAR.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
- Basic CAD modeling
- Willingness to work in active, hands on environment
- Problem solve manufacturing engineering challenges and issues
- Communicate project requirements and constraints with teammates and customers
- Knowledge in machine upkeep and maintenance
- Able to work 30hrs per week during the semester
- Pay: Staring at $15/hr-17/hr (8-5PM) | Night shift hours upon request