NIAR IT Student Assistant
The NIAR (National Institute for Aviation Research) is looking for an IT student assistant to assist senior staff to ensure proper accomplishment of daily activities with minimum supervision, provide input to ensure satisfactory completion of research projects, operate and help maintain tools and equipment.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
· Software\Hardware installs
· Phone and onsite support
· Software\Hardware trouble shooting
· Researching resolutions for computer problems
· Tasks as assigned
· Must have a good understanding of MS Windows (operations and networking)
· Ability to work in a team and individually
· Ability to explain technical issues in a non-technical way to an End User
· Task and detailed orientated