NIAR Nondestructive Inspection Student Assistant
The Composites Lab at NIAR is looking for student assistants to perform ultrasonic and computed tomography x-ray test methods.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
• Operate automated ultrasonic gantry inspection equipment
• Operate hand held portable ultrasonic equipment
• Operate CT X-ray inspection equipment
• Perform inspections according to customer requirements
• Interpret and analyze inspection data
• Create reports from the inspection data
• Equipment maintenance
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Interest in nondestructive testing