Youth Development Profession
Supervise and promote activities and programs after school or during summer program for children and youth.
KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Prepare Youth for Success:
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Using the Boys & Girls Clubs’ philosophy, maintain age-appropriate discipline among youth participants so that programs are carried out safely and efficiently.
Program Development and Implementation:
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services, and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club always.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety, and development of members.
- Evaluate programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities are in keeping with gender and cultural diversity.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly staff meetings, department meetings and corporate meetings (upon request)
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of participation figures, and any member conduct or other issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance of all program staff and volunteers.
- Attend trainings and other developmental/professional growth opportunities as requested.
- Obtain full knowledge of all program scheduling.
- May participate and/or oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Torch Club, Career Launch, Teen Specific Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other club activities as necessary.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- May be required to answer phones and perform other light administrative duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain, or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with parents or guardians to communicate about Club activities, explain or interpret Club guidelines, and address any conduct issues relative to members.
May be required to communicate with or work closely with school principals and classroom instructors.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the public (both verbal and written)
- Ability to implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid Driver’s License with little or no violations, preferred.
- Pass drug testing & background check.
- Hours completed towards an elementary or secondary education degree
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
VALUES OF THE CLUB:
To promote & adhere to the Club’s values of:
- Committed to fun, growth, and safety
- Loyal to our members and families
- United by our diverse community
- Bound by integrity, respect, and equity
- We are the Club!
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.