Student Assistant (ITAR positions) – NIAR Reverse Engineering Lab
Student Assistant (ITAR positions) –NIAR Reverse Engineering Lab
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
This student role is a non-benefit eligible, entry-level position starting at $11-$12 an hour and does qualify for the Engineering 20/20 work credit.
Currently filling 2 openings. These job openings are ongoing (it is not a summer internship) this could increase to additional student positions at a later date.
This job opening is for a WSU Student with US Citizenship to work in the field of Engineering, for NIAR Reverse Engineering Lab supporting external customer(s). The work is to be performed from the ASTEC location in Park City. Reliable transportation is required.
SENIORS AND GRADUATES NEED NOT APPLY.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PLEASE CAREFULLY READ “DUTIES WILL INCLUDE" AND "REQUIREMENTS". THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS POSITION.
Duties will include:
- Operating 3D Scanners and diligently capturing the geometry of aircraft parts.
- Work may contain some lifting and moving heavy parts.
- Working with 3D Scan data, processing, and positioning pieces in software relative to adjacent aircraft parts.
- Report daily activities to supervisor at the end of each shift worked.
- All equipment and software training needed for this job are provided through the lob.
- Excel spreadsheet experience
- Excellent written and oral communication is a must
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work independently and in groups
- 20hrs per Week required and up to 30hrs per Week allowed
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work daily
- Working in 3D modeling software, Reading drawings, blueprint reading