ON CAMPUS JOB Office of Engagement Student Assistant - Federal Work Study Eligible
Estimated salary: $8.50
Office of Engagement Assistant
The Office of Engagement is looking for a student assistant who can provide support to full time staff of the Office of Engagement. We need someone who can work approximately 15-20 hours a week during regular business hours. Start date December 13. The primary responsibility of this position includes providing support to the Director in staffing volunteers at events, managing the Volunteer ICT page, posting on social media, and updating spreadsheets. Additionally, this position serves as a member of the Shocker Neighborhood Coalition with the goal of enhancing the collaborations in the community and between community and university.
Expected duties could include, but not be limited to:
· Calls to community stakeholders
· Flyer distribution
· Maintain databases
· Assist with event planning
· Social media content creation
· Organizing inventory
Preferred Skills Include:
• Excellent oral & written communication
• Good Organizational skills
• Basic computer - Microsoft office, Excel, Access
• Social Media- FB, Twitter
The Office of Engagement Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Director of Engagement for SEP.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Social media content creation and management of the Office of Engagement Facebook.
- Assess and track event information on Volunteer ICT and Shocker Sync related to attendance, satisfaction, and growth.
- Assess and track data related to initiatives based on outcomes.
- Attend all Office of Engagement related meetings. Assist Director in the management of programs/events like WSU Good Neighbor Week, Farmers Markets, and Shocker Neighborhood volunteer opportunities.
- Perform other duties and functions of the Office of Engagement as assigned