NIAR Quality Control, Dimensioning & Instrumentation Laboratory Assistant
The Quality Control, Dimensioning & Instrumentation Laboratory at NIAR is looking for a student assistant. All educational backgrounds matching the criteria below are welcome to apply. An engineering student is not a requirement.
In accordance with executive order 14042, all temporary, part-time, and full-time employees, including student employees, must be fully vaccinated or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption by January 18, 2022, or before beginning employment. For detailed employee information, consult the HR FAQ on Executive Order 14042.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a ”U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty OR eligible to obtain U.S. government authorization for this position by the time of hire. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
- Must be pursuing a degree at Wichita State University.
- Willing to work a minimum of 25 hours/week.
- High attention to detail
- Being organized
- Can be continually challenged with issues where finding quick and correct solutions is necessary.
- Can help design and make changes to assembly line processes to help improve processing time of workloads and minimize wasted materials.
Working with strict deadlines
- Can complete required work on or before deadlines
Design (preferred not required)
- Small design projects including CATIA based modeling for tooling and fixturing.
- Can be challenged to help create programming solutions from scratch using Visual Basic and Microsoft Access to help keep track of inventoried items as well as manage expiration of chemicals.
- Can maintain old programs which are already a part of our system which include Measurement verification software.
- Strain gage installation – Electrical Instrumentation
- Surface Preparation
- Quality Check
- Knowledge of ASTM & SACMA standards
- Quality Control
- Dimensioning of specimens
- Documentation of unsat(s) characteristics for MRB purposes
- Communicating unsatisfactory characteristics to the Program Manager