NIAR Computer Programmer with the Robotics & Automation Lab
Computer Programmer with the Robotics and Automation Lab
The Robotics and Automation Laboratory is a fast growing lab that focuses on industrial research, design, integration and implementation of robotic and automation systems for local and regional customers. The lab will design, create, test, and build robotic systems that get implemented into a customer’s factory. The Robotics lab currently employs over 30 students from various disciplines.
In accordance with executive order 14042, all temporary, part-time, and full-time employees, including student employees, must be fully vaccinated or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption by January 18, 2022, or before beginning employment. For detailed employee information, consult the HR FAQ on Executive Order 14042.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
$10.50 to $12 per hour commensurate with experience
This job is a 20-30 hour / week job working with the robotics lab to build computer applications that will be used to drive robots, automation systems, and a wide variety of high end hardware and software. You will be working in .NET, C/C++, Python, and possibly other programming languages to develop these applications.
All requirements must be met in order to apply and obtain an interview for this position.
· Must be able to work 20-30 hours / week between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM M-F.
· Must have knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages:
- C#, VB.NET, C, C++, Python
· Familiarity with what an API or SDK is and what they are used for.
· Must have excellent abilities to search online for answers and examples to complex programming issues.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
· Attention to detail and ability to ensure that deadlines and other project requirements are met.
· Self-motivated team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Professional appearance for events and client meetings.
· Basic skills with Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrations of applications written.
· Application development experience outside of a classroom setting.
· Experience working in a professional office & lab setting.
· Experience with applied computer programming and user interface design methods.
· Experience with Visual Studio and/or GitHub/Git.
· Understanding and experience with object oriented programming.
· Understanding and experience with programming efficacy techniques such as algorithm simplification, memory management, and other performance enhancing techniques.
· Be able to use programming languages to perform TCP Socket communications with hardware and other software applications.