NIAR Virtual Engineering Laboratory Student Assistant
The Virtual Engineering Laboratory at NIAR is looking for student assistants. Graduate students are preferred. Position could become a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position based on performance during the first semester.
The students applying for this position should have at least basic knowledge on Finite Element Methods (FEM).
Main duties will be:
- Discretization of structural components to perform numerical analysis (FEM) (50%).
- Post-processing and documentation of numerical analysis results (Stress Analysis, Load Path Analysis, etc.) (20%)
- Create CAD geometry for structural components (15%)
- Support Senior Staff to create the numerical models (Material definitions, connections, etc.) (10%)
- Test specimen preparation/documentation to conduct mechanical testing (5%).
Tools to be used:
- Beta CAE, in particular: ANSA and META
- Hyperworks Altair, in particular: Hypermesh and Hypergraph
- CATIA V5
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.