Regional Recruiter, Admissions
The Wichita State Admissions team is hiring for a full-time, benefits-eligible professional based in the Oklahoma City, OK area. This admissions representative role will office from home and be tasked with visiting high schools and attending college fairs statewide to provide in-person and dynamic presentations about the Shocker Nation experience to prospective students and families. A qualified candidate will need to be passionate about higher education and conveying how Wichita State could help prospective students meet their educational and professional goals.
To apply, email resume and cover letter directly to Kaycee Miller, Regional Recruitment Manager in the Wichita State Office of Admissions, at email@example.com.
For priority consideration, submit resume and cover letter expressing qualifications and relevant experiences by 3 p.m. on Friday, June 18. Resumes and cover letters will continue to be accepted and reviewed after June 18. Interview offers for select priority candidates will be offered in Oklahoma City on Tue., June 22.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, communication or related field
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- One (1) year of experience in recruiting, admissions or related field
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive throughout Oklahoma
High Level Position Overview:
- Primarily responsible for recruiting prospective students from Oklahoma. In addition, serves as the lead recruiter for all Oklahoma high schools and/or community colleges.
- Recruits students outside of Kansas in designated schools and geographic regions, which includes follow-up with recruits by phone, mail and other personal communications streams to meet weekly and monthly recruiting goals.
- Develops and implements recruitment programming for students, parents, and counselors. Works with campus departments to coordinate recruitment programs.
- Represents the University at specified schools, college and community fairs, public presentations, and/or seminars outside of the normal recruitment territory. Contributes to overall recruitment efforts for the University, particularly in areas outside of direct responsibility.
- Facilitates office coverage and participates in on and off campus recruitment programs, including group presentations; greets walk-in and scheduled visitors; maintains knowledge of all facets of the University. Markets scholarships and participates in selections process when appropriate.
- Manages budgets related to program and visit expenditures. Reconciles monthly statements and billings from assigned programs and/or visits.
Additional Important Consideration:
- Will be expected to gain knowledge about all facets of University life and admissions/enrollment processes and be able to clearly communicate with prospective students, parents, school counselors, and other influential stakeholders.
- Will be expected to gain functional knowledge of Office of Admissions procedures, processes and protocol.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours for various recruiting and admissions functions.
- Ability to travel by automobile or plane for recruitment purposes throughout Oklahoma and occasionally to regional/national conferences.
- Able to work with WSU’s student information system and understand the functioning of the admissions-related data forms. Should have high-level functioning of information system.
- Access to a reliable automobile to be used for recruitment purposes throughout the state of Oklahoma. (The selected candidate will be provided with a fleet car, but will need access to a reliable automobile in case of fleet car maintenance.).
- Ideal candidate would reside in the OKC region.
- Must provide their own remote work location that is safe, free from distractions and is conducive to maintaining appropriate confidentiality of records and information. The employee must have access to a quiet, remote space to perform work and have access to a secure, high-speed internet connection. (The selected candidate will be provided with a university phone, laptop computer and office supplies.)
- Must be able to fit in with and contribute to existing team.
- Expected to be able to manage all facets related to programming, planning and execution; including catering, logistics, attendance, success/assessment and matriculation.